2-hour area separation wall

UBC 504.6.4:
"Area separation walls shall extend vertically from the foundation to a point at least 30 inches above the roof."

It also has several exceptions that allow the fire wall to terminate at the roof level. Not sure about IBC. It is likely that your local code also has such exceptions.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

-------------- Original message from "Mumtaz Hassan Lashari" : --------------