From: Derek [mailto:derekh(--nospam--at)krahn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 2:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Firewall Connection

Jim,

that is certainly one of my options. I am trying to avoid it if practicable however. A double wall would then involve fixing one of the walls through the insulation panel to steel work in the freezer (-25degC / -13degF). This freezer must remain cold and operational during the project and with pallet racking next to the wall in question, any fixing detail in that area will be problematic.

I think I'm correct in saying that with a single wall I do not need a connection to the existing building provided that collapse of the new building won't bring the wall down with it.

Derek