From: John C. Jones [mailto:john(--nospam--at)struct-engr.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 7:24 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Firewall Connection

Follow-up question:  What do you design the walls for, especially a
cantilever?  I have seen some folks design this for the 5psf interior wall
condition and equake.  We use a full code wind load and check equake.
Reasoning is that IF the structure comes down this wall will be hanging in
the breeze for a while, possibly forever.

John C. Jones, PE
Barnett Associates
Pell City, AL
205-884-5334