RE: Guardrail design

OSHA Part 1926 (Construction Safety) requires standard railings to be
designed for "a load of at least 200 pounds applied in any direction at any
point on the top rail, with a minimum of deflection". This is a service
load; impact does not need to be added.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO