Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: CMU RETROFIT[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: CMU RETROFIT
- From: "Nels Roselund, SE" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:10:20 -0700
1. Retrofit Codes: Chapter A2 of the International Existing Building Code published 2003 by ICC; Chapter 2 of the Guidelines for the Seismic Retrofit of Existing Buildings, published 2001 by ICBO.
2. Rules vary. Requirement to comply will depend on the jurisdiction, how extensive other work is, and the date of construction. Consult the Building Official.
3. Inject a shrinkage-controlled sand-cement-lime into voids between bond beams, filling them bottom to top. Work with Ace Repointing Service of Los Angeles. Internal blockages to complete grouting may be hard to find. Consider not filling ungrouted cells.
4. The above cited retrofit codes regulate anchorage -- not diaphragm analysis.
5. The local jurisdiction may have other requirements.
6. Structural Renovation of Buildings by Alexander Newman, published 2001 by McGraw-Hill may be useful.
7. Spend enough time at the building to understand its structural system in relation to the requirements of the applicable Code. You may not need to know the details of the reinforcing system.
South San Gabriel, CA
- CMU RETROFIT
- From: ASQENGG2
- CMU RETROFIT
- Prev by Subject: CMU RETROFIT
- Next by Subject: Re: CMU RETROFIT
- Previous by thread: CMU RETROFIT
- Next by thread: Re: CMU RETROFIT