Mezzanine floor slab without reinforcement

Regarding my previous post concerning a new supported floor installation, I have an additional question.

Has anyone ever specified or is anyone aware of a concrete slab on metal slabform (9/16 x 26 GA) that does not use some sort of wire or reinforcing bars?

We have a case where the contractor built a 3" overall depth concrete slab on slabform with no reinforcing.  The slab has cracked badly and I feel uneasy telling the owner that it will carry his 100 PSF storage load.

Thanks,
Dave Smith