Re: Minimum number of bars in a 6 in. width conc. beam

I would never place a single bar in a beam because it is not centered it
will result in eccentric resistance to loads.
Also I think a #9 bar is awfully large for a 6" wide beam.
Also I think a 6" beam is awfully narrow no matter what the load.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA