From: DSmith7367(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mezzanine floor slab without reinforcement
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:53:33 EDT

Regarding my previous post concerning a new supported floor installation, I
have an additional question.

Has anyone ever specified or is anyone aware of a concrete slab on metal
slabform (9/16 x 26 GA) that does not use some sort of wire or reinforcing bars?

We have a case where the contractor built a 3" overall depth concrete slab
on slabform with no reinforcing. The slab has cracked badly and I feel uneasy
telling the owner that it will carry his 100 PSF storage load.

Thanks,
Dave Smith