[no subject]

Fellow engineers,

I have a pretty simple question, however due to past teachings I am trying to see if others have better less conservative ideas.  I have a underground tank about 5'-0" deep with 18" of cover and 3'-0" wide.  Nothing big but how would you look at the walls?  In a past precast shop I worked at the responsible engineer wanted the walls designed like a cantilevered retaining wall.  Can you look at these as a simple span between two adjacent walls?  what about a three way span?  Any help would be wounderful.

Thanks,

Chad Van Kampen