RE: OFF TOPIC

I’m guessing here, but I think what they’re trying to say is that, in relativity, even time itself is ‘relative.’

“Now,” meaning THIS INSTANT IN TIME, is not relevant because it has a different meaning depending on “where” in space-time you happen to be.

From: Edward [mailto:jedward(--nospam--at)giro.com.br]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 1:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: OFF TOPIC

  Dear colleagues:

Although off topic I beg for your help. I am translating to portuguese (Brasil) a paper in physics for a friend of mine and coudn´t find in any of the ten dictionary that I have, the word nows in the _expression_:  ""Are there nows in relativity?" I believe that is an idiomatic _expression_ related to relativity that physicists use.  Anyway could you put in other words the meaning of that phrase?

Tanks in advance