Re: Mezzanine floor slab without reinforcement

Harold:

Thank you for the response regarding the slab.  I also think that the slab may actually carry the load as an unreinforced section.  The cracks could be filled with epoxy.

The nagging problem that I have and, I suspect,  the reason that you have suggested the disguise, is that over the years the slab may continue to crack.  If I give it my blessing and in five years something falls through, I am going to have a problem.

At this point, I am inclined to reject the entire slab.  It has been in place for two years and will most certainly cause an uproar if I report that it should be removed and replaced.

Dave Smith