Re: 1997 UBC section 1923.2 vs 2000/2003 IBC 1913 & ACI 318-02

While I don't really know the answer to your specific question for sure,
my assumption is that the IBC (and ACI 318) require inspections...period.
I base this on how the UBC had treated masonry design vs. how the MSJC
(and thus the IBC) treated masonry design.  The UBC has allowed for no (or
minimal) inspection of masonry, but in order to do so one would reduce the
allowable stress by 50%.  The MSJC (and thus the IBC) has NEVER allowed a
reduction in allowable stresses to account for no inspections to my
knowledge...under the MSJC (masonry code) you use the full allowable and
do required inspections.  So, I would assume that there is a similar
approach being taken by the IBC/ACI for concrete anchorage.  But, then
again, I could be wrong and it might be different.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI