Re: Calculation Software

> From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>

> name, so the Name/Create method won't work. Even w/o the "=", my version
> doesn't automatically add the underscore. That must be a "value added
> feature" on the Mac version :o).

Like the key combination (apple-T) to cycle through cell reference
states: A1, $A$1, A$1, $A1.
I haven't found an equivalent on non-Mac versions of Excel (though I may
have missed it). There are other variations as well.

Personally, I'm too lazy to name cells and ranges as I go. I prefer to
break the calulations down into simple steps that are easily verifiable
with an obvious calculation and only document the occasional complex
one.

In all cases, I have a manual verification case for comparison.

Setting up a table (array, matrix, vector) of variable dimension, with
documentation, can get particularly messy.

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International