From: Tom Skaggs [mailto:tom.skaggs(--nospam--at)apawood.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 5/8" Thick WSP Panel Identification Index: 40/20 vs. 32/16

Bill,

Paul is not technically correct, but he is practically correct.  On
paper, there is such a thing as a 5/8" WSP with a Span Rating of 32/16,
however, for all practical purposes this is NOT a common panel.  Please
see Table 5 of the Panel Design Specification, it provides nominal
thickness by Span Rating, and lists the most common panel thickness per
Span Rating.

http://www.apawood.org/pdfs/managed/D510.pdf

If interested, I can explain why and how a company would Span Rate a
5/8" panel at 32/16, but the explanation is kind of long and tedious.

In short, a 5/8" 32/16 is not common and is typically not available.
Therefore, I would not anticipate your change in specification would
cause any heartburn.

Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer