RE: 5/8" Thick WSP Panel Identification

Could it be possible that the span rating of 20/40 is a move to SI?  That a
multiple 20 & 40 will match 1200mm?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Tom Skaggs wrote:

Bill,

Paul is not technically correct, but he is practically correct.  On
paper, there is such a thing as a 5/8" WSP with a Span Rating of 32/16,
however, for all practical purposes this is NOT a common panel.  Please
see Table 5 of the Panel Design Specification, it provides nominal
thickness by Span Rating, and lists the most common panel thickness per
Span Rating.

http://www.apawood.org/pdfs/managed/D510.pdf

If interested, I can explain why and how a company would Span Rate a
5/8" panel at 32/16, but the explanation is kind of long and tedious.

In short, a 5/8" 32/16 is not common and is typically not available.
Therefore, I would not anticipate your change in specification would
cause any heartburn.

Tom