Need specification (written) for repair of soft and spalled concrete wall

I have been waiting for a call from the reps at DeGaussa and Rapid Set to respond and I need to put together an addendum to a bid set for the patching and preparation of a 1920’s reinforced concrete building. There are areas that are soft enough that when brushed, the concrete will powder away and other areas where the wall has spalled. However, most of the wall is in good shape (the bottom which has been subjected to exterior sprinklers for eighty some years is the area of concern. Don’t misunderstand, the wall is in generally decent shape (not great but far from any potential structural problems).

I need a spec that calls for the brushing or rouging up of the exterior and interior surface to find the obvious weak areas and clean them out. I then need a patch like a Rapid Set that will be good for an inch or more of concrete on a vertical surface and finally for a finish coat that is from a thin feather to about a ½ -inch in thickness.

Unfortunately, this is not professional enough for me to write up and I am not sure which materials to recommend and the process of cleaning the wall to remove very soft areas.

Can anyone provide a spec that I can incorporate into an addendum to hand out at the bid walk tomorrow?

TIA

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer