Re: non-engineers

Andy:

We've all heard this before and we have few opportunities to embarrass the people who are responsible for these kind of programs.  Apparently this program is broadcast by HGTV and I'm sure that they would love to hear your reaction, (which I as well as many other engineers concur with) and I'm sure that they would like to know that they have been exposed to thousands of engineers on this listserver to the type of baloney that the "former home builder" (who didn't say how many times he's been sued) spouted off with.

I suggest, with Andy's permission, that we all cut and paste this email and send it to HGTV.  You can access their "Comments" section as follows:

        http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/about_us/text/0,1783,HGTV_3080_4964,00.html

It might even goad the "Dream House" producers to talk to some engineers about some "Nightmare Houses" that many engineers are aware off (or have been involved in the lawsuit that eventually follows).

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates

chairman:  Professional Practices Committee
SAGE