From: Jen Wadsworth [mailto:JWadsworth(--nospam--at)TricoEngineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 5:28 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: ibc 2000 seismic design values

In section 1617, equation 16-28 is for obtaining "E" when the effects of
gravity and seismic ground motion counteract. Equation 16-29 is for
obtaining "E" when the effects of gravity and seismic ground motion are
additive. When do they counteract and when are they additive?
What is the difference in "V", the base shear and "E"?? When do we use V
and when do we use E??

JWadsworth