RE: NDS calcs

You are correct about the scrutiny. These tend to be assembly line productions, so the calc/design package looks more like a consumer item than an architectural item. Framing and most systems are hidden by the time the unit gets seen byt he local building authority, and the only assurance he has is the the plans are super complete and there's a QA process in the manufacturing facility to guarantee the drawings are followed to the letter. You can bet that every little detail will be scrutinized, especially when the setting contractor either screws up or cuts corners (i.e.: not nailing the rim to the sill - don't laugh, I had one of these last year).

At 12:39 PM 7/22/2004 -0400, you wrote:

From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: NDS calcs
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:21:39 -0400

732-431-9428 (Fax)
908-309-8657 (Cell)
mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Fertich [mailto:civilben1968(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: NDS calcs

I am planning on dueing calcs for a modular home manufacturer which I must
prove every nail, sitck of wood and strap.  I will be purchasing the lates
WOODWORKS which will handle a lot however does anyone know where I can find
any calc softwar or spreadsheets based on the NDS manual or WFCM.

This is all east coast, IRC not UBC.

Thanks

Jeff Fertich, PE
Structural Engineering Resources, LLC
Gettysburg, PA

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee(r)