Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 7:46 AM
Subject: RE: Support framing for composite metal deck diaphragms

For studs, the limit is in LRFD Specification Section I5.6. The diameter cannot exceed 2.5 times the flange thickness, unless the stud is over the web. However, the best way to apply this limit is to establish a minimum flange thickness for your selection of beam sizes in your composite projects (flange thickness greater than 0.4 times the stud diameter).

Charlie