(no subject)

Hello all:

I have an exposed steel tube trellis in the rear yard of a house. The architect wants to one of the supporting columns (steel tube) in a swimming pool. His idea is to chrome plate the tube. The footing would be below pool.  I am concerned about the anchor bolts being exposed to moisture all the time and were can I find out about min thickness of chrome plating.
Second question the architect wants to use aluminum rafters on top of steel beams which are TS 12x4 sections. Any ideas how to make a dielectric yet structural connection.  Would it be better to make the whole thing out of aluminum.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA