RE: non-engineers

When an owner or contractor tells me that my basement wall is "over
engineered", the first thing I do is to agree with the contractor when he
says that everybody's been doing it his way for xx years.

Then I tell the owner to look up "Foundation Repair" in the yellow pages.
There are 16 pages of ads in the Kansas City area.  After mentioning that
the "standard" basement "design" is what keeps all these companies in
business, I suggest calling a few of the companies and get a price for an
average repair.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC