Re: (no subject)

No, the better bet is to make it out of stainless.   Aluminum is attacked by sodium hypochlorite, which is also known as "chlorine bleach". The stuff you have in your house is 6% solution, but the concentrated form is used for swimming pool sanitation. It will quickly destroy your aluminum (faster than rust will destoy a mild steel post, if I remember correctly).

I can imagine a connection for steel to aluminum, but I can't believe it would be pretty.  Will it be a painted trellis? Can you use stainless in the pool and mild for the rest of the structure?

I can also imagine the annoyance of the owner when the pool cracks around your anchor bolts and you end up with a chronic leak.