RE: WOOD: Really THINKING About The Framing...

From: Stanley E Scholl [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 11:40 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: WOOD: Really THINKING About The Framing...

I recommend that you have interior shear walls from roof to foundation at
spacing not exceeding 25 ft.,  in both directions.
I presume you are using flexible diaphragm analysis using tributary areas
to calculate loads and that you are using 1630A.5 for vertical
distribution of forces- which gives you a larger load at the upper
levels.

Hopefully second floor to roof shear walls line up or are not more than 4
ft. from first floor shear walls below.

I assume you are using at least 15/32" CDX all around exterior and for
all interior shear walls..

Is this a raised floor or slab house?