RE: Moment Frames with Slip Critical Shear Connection

>I guess your concern would be that the flange plate welds

>might be put into bending until the bolts "slip" into bearing?

Can anyone show me bodies to support this theory? I mean that quipped question with honest intentions as it is usually the response I get to the opinion I gave earlier. Yet I’ve not seen it and I am yet to have anyone show me a case when asked. With all of the old A307 and more current HS bearing joints used in this case, surely we’d have seen something by now if the theory were of real concern.

Charlie