Re: Marine Platform Design

University of Texas at Austin has a department for offshore structures. It runs short courses every year.  Please check with that department and enroll yourself in appropriate courses. Offshore platform is a specialized area.  You will also require software (STRUCAD, for example) capable of modelling and analyzing offshore platforms.

Rajendran
richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com> wrote:
I've been asked to design steel framing for a marine platform. The
framing is basically steel frame space truss (angles) on top of floats.
It is 48 ft. x 42 ft. in plan. I would like to find out design
guidelines for loading on the framing. I was wondering about wave
action. If this is located in a bay I envision waves rising and lowering
sections of the platform. Are there any design guidelines for wave
action loading of a platform like this? I looked through some NAVFAC
sites but didn't see anything specific.

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!