Existing Lintel Support

To All -
 I'm currently providing shoring/bracing support for an existing concrete beam (16"x34") lintel for a steel erector who is installing a new steel beam along the bottom of this existing member. The existing lintel occurs in a floor to roof CMU wall and spans over a 13'-7" wide wall opening(the opening height is approximately 15'2"). The new steel beam lintel is required since the existing wall opening will be widened by removing a 3'-0" wide section of the existing wall at each side of the existing opening.
 The room on one side of the wall has steel roof joists with concrete plank roof deck. The floor is 2 1/2" concrete topping over 10" precast concrete plank. The level immediately below has a concrete SOG floor. The room on the other side of the wall has a concrete structural slab and SOG floor.
 Where the steel joists occur, I'm providing screw jack shores (supporting the top chord near the seat) to transfer the roof joists loads down to the lower level SOG floor.
 This is my concern. On the other side of the wall, I intend to support the existing lintel by providing vertical wide flange shapes along the lintel face. Where the column flange abuts the lintel, three vertically spaced threaded rods at each side of the column web will extend through the concrete beam to the other side and be tightened (with nut and washer) to a continuous plate running the length of the existing beam. Has this approach been previously been used by others?

TIA,
Charlie Canitz, PE
Annapolis, MD