Re: Classifications of Engineers

My office generally uses the ASCE grades as this is what our government
clients require. Grade I is a graduate, grade III is a new PE, grade V is a
senior engineer, and i think the highest is grade VII or IX or something,
which at my firm is a partner. They have detailed definitions for all
grades which I'll bet you could download from the ASCE website (if not i
could dig them up and send them to you).

Michael Ludvik, PE
Hardesty+Hanover

             "jascopac"
             <jascopac@pacbell
             .net>                                                      To
                                       "Seaint@Seaint. Org"
             07/26/2004 11:44          <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Classifications of Engineers
             <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.or
                    g>

We are setting up our office system of accounting with the idea (maybe not
good one) of expanding from a (2) person office.  Right now we have just
(2)
classifications we bill our clients 1) project engineer ($125/hr) 2)
principal engineer ($150/hr). What other classifications  are you using?
and
at what billing rates?  junior engineer ? EIT ? senior engineer?
Appreciate any thoughts.

James A. Sadler, SE
Jasco Pacific, Inc.
550-D Industrial Way