RE: Elasticity and Plasticity

>Why would you make someone feel bad for asking for our opinion on some good
>books?
I simply told him the same thing I would have said if he'd stopped by my
office or hit me up at a bar. I think it's important enough to learn how
to use all available reference tools to risk a little bit of discomfort.
The guy's at a university which doubtless has a huge reference library,
which he should be using.

I made that mistake when I was at VPI a million years ago. I didn't
discover the joys of stack browsing until I'd almost graduated. If
someone had suggested I make myself a pain in the ass *after* trying to
find out stuff on my own, doubtless my feelings would have been hurt, but
I would have been better off for it.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw