RE: Seismic Upgrades

TI 809-05 is EXACTLY what I need - thanks!  I've had -04 for a while, but I
somehow missed -05 in my search.

I assumed the braces were aluminum because:
1. They look like aluminum
2. They feel "light" with the little bit I could move them
3. A piece of steel with a relatively sharp 90 deg. corner (NOT a sharp
"knife" edge) was able to shave off little slivers of cable metal.

I may be wrong, and I will establish this with certainty on my next site
visit.  I did not test the connector strands, just the main brace strands.
I'll do more research on the connections and their dynamic capacity.

In addition, several of the braces were very loose (sagging).  I need to
determine if these connections can be tightened.

AT/FP: The structure is inside a protected perimeter, and we're able to
obtain required standoff at all but one corner.  Parking encroaches about 2m
into the required 25m standoff at that corner.  Required hardening is just a
matter of calculations.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC