RE: Definition of Unstable

"What I need to support this opinion is a good written definition of "unstable".  Preferably, I would like to be able to refer to a well-written paragraph in a widely recognized text or other reference.  Any suggestions?"

In case no one has mentioned this already, consider checking out a legal dictionary, or asking the lawyer you are working with to do so.  I have one at home, and it is neat little reference.  In addition to defining legal terminology, they also define some more general words in very specific ways in order to use them in contracts.  Structural references are good to a point, but they may not carry much weight with anyone but the other engineers in the room.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE