Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Definition of Unstable

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"What I need to support this opinion is a good written definition of "unstable".  Preferably, I would like to be able to refer to a well-written paragraph in a widely recognized text or other reference.  Any suggestions?"

In case no one has mentioned this already, consider checking out a legal dictionary, or asking the lawyer you are working with to do so.  I have one at home, and it is neat little reference.  In addition to defining legal terminology, they also define some more general words in very specific ways in order to use them in contracts.  Structural references are good to a point, but they may not carry much weight with anyone but the other engineers in the room.  

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********