From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Marine Platform Design
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:19:44 -0500

I've been asked to design steel framing for a marine platform.  The
framing is basically steel frame space truss (angles) on top of floats.
It is 48 ft. x 42 ft. in plan.  I would like to find out design
guidelines for loading on the framing.  I was wondering about wave
action.  If this is located in a bay I envision waves rising and lowering
sections of the platform.  Are there any design guidelines for wave
action loading of a platform like this?  I looked through some NAVFAC
sites but didn't see anything specific.

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!