From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 3:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Definition of Unstable

James:

I would answer all of your questions if I could.  At this point, I cannot because:

1]    I am not free to openly discuss this case while the litigation is ongoing.  I don't want to accidentally become yet another defendant!

2]  I do not yet know the answers to many questions, including the nature and extent of the collapse, and whether it was related in any way to the engineers' observations.

Ask me again in a few months and I should be able to tell all.

Stan