From: "Yi Yang" <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:02:04 -0700
Subject: HSS Corner Radius

What do you use for the inside and outside radius for rectangular / square HSS?    The manual says the outside corner shall not exceed 3 times the wall thickness.

I have been drawing them using 2x the wall thickness for the outside radius, and 1x the wall thickness for the inside.  I know the inside radius is not quite right.

Y i   Y a n g,   P. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.
707.527.0775.x15