Torsion in Stair Girder

Mark and Andrew,

I somesort of agreed as well as disagreed. If the stair (i.e. girger) is a helical (curved in
space), the torsion would come into the picture..Depending upon the type of girder(I- section, Box
section..., pinned connections/fixed connections, etc.  have an influence,.... ). In the past, I
have designed a stair curved in space  based on Fuchssteiner's Theory.

Himat