Re: torsion in stair girder

What if the stair hangers are connected to the bottom
flange of the girder, and what if the girder is a
W12x19 and the hanger is offset 18" from the W12 and
the load in the hanger is 5k?

I'm not saying these are the conditions Mark has on
his framing plan, but I have seen problems resulting
from eccentric stair hangers in the past.

Cliff