torsion in stair girder

Title: Message
Mark:

If this is a composite slab, then you can easily say that the slab is bracing the top of the beam and any torsion is resisted by the slab- headed stud interaction. I am sure the same can be said of the metal deck in non-comp, it will brace the top flange. On top of that, whether you want it to or not, the stair stringers themselves will resist any torsion in the beam. This is as redundant as it gets.

Nobody that I know designs for torsion in this instance, nor do I see any need to do so. Convincing the plan checker is another issue...

Regards,

Andrew Kester, PE
Longwood, FL