Concrete Retaining Wall Control Joint and Expansion Joint Spacing

I have a 900' long reinforced concrete retaining wall to design and want to make sure that I get the control joints and expansion joints handled correctly.  Can any of you direct me to the best source for guidelines on this?  I would also be interested in what most of your "rules of thumb" are for this.  The wall height is 10' to 15' above the footing and it is located in PA where the temperatures vary between 0 and 100 F.  I intend to use vertical and horizontal reinforcement in both faces and the minimum thickness will be 12".  Also, am I safe in assuming that the expansion joint only needs to go through the stem and not the footing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.