Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Prefab "Drag Truss"?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

If you’re talking about wood framed pre-manufactured trusses……specify the drag force the truss is to carry and the truss manufacturer will design it accordingly. Specify on your framing plan the location and required capacity of drag truss, check truss manufacturers calc’s. to make sure he included it in your “truss package”.


If you are talking about the in plane connection of drag truss to top plate of a shear wall….Simpson has straps that will do the trick, they also have a heavy duty connector called DSC drag strut connector.






From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Q: Prefab "Drag Truss"?


Is there a premanufactured “drag truss” contraption available? Anyone have any recommendations?