torsion in stair girder

Thanks for the  responses.  Your responses confirm my belief that torsion
need not be considered for simple span beams and girders except in unusual
situations.  This is supported by the fact that I have been ignoring
torsion in these members for many years and have not had a problem yet.

For the time being I will not need a letter from Charlie.  I am going to
have a brief discussion with the checker and if he is not reasonable I will
give his supervisor a call.   I do not have the  time to play games.    If
this does not  work I will go to plan B.

Mark Gilligan