RE: Anchor Bolts embedded in Reinforced Concrete

From: Kestner, James W. [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 1:14 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Anchor Bolts embedded in Reinforced Concrete

> I have recently waded thru all the formulae in ACI 318-2002 Appendix D for

> computing anchor bolt capacities! IBC 2000 Section 1913 is similar. Wow!

> It seems all the formulae are based upon capacities of unreinforced
> concrete.

[SNIP]

Jim, I'm not sure exactly what you need here (I only skimmed your message)
but it might be satisfactorily answered by telling you that the original
publication of the paper/report by Ronald Cook, published by PCI (I think; I
have the publication but it's buried in another room right now) contains
more information than what shows up in ACI 318 Appendix D.

If you'd like, I will be glad to fax or email you the pertinent information
that might help you adjust your design assumptions.

Regards,

Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX