Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Antenna towers IBC wind load requirement[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Antenna towers IBC wind load requirement
- From: "Haan, Scott M." <HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:50:02 -0800
Title: Antenna towers IBC wind load requirement
2000 International Building Code section 3108.4.2 indicates that "Adequate foundations and anchorages shall be provided to resist two times the calculated wind load." I don't have a structural IBC commentary but heard that there is something written about this.
Is the intent of this section for overturning stability only? Should footings be designed for [1.7*[2*wind]+1.4*D]*75 or [1.7*W+1.4*D]*.75? Should anchor rods be designed for .9*D+1.3*[2*wind] or .9*D+1.3*D?
Scott M. Haan P.E.
Deputy Building Official
- Prev by Subject: Re: Anchoring to concrete
- Next by Subject: Re: Antenna towers IBC wind load requirement
- Previous by thread: Re: CONSTRUCTION: Square Foot Costs for Light Commercial
- Next by thread: Re: Antenna towers IBC wind load requirement