RE: Strengthening soils under existing footing?

Thanks for all of the responses about in situ strengthening of the soils under a footing.  The final vote was overwhelming for helical piles or something similar.  I had spoken to A.B. Chance recently about anchoring a retaining wall in my back yard.  I was quite impressed with the variety and service that they provide.  It just didn't dawn on me to go that direction inside an existing building.

Just as a matter of course, I am still curious about where and when injection grouting could be useful, but that's a topic for another day at this point...

Regards,
Jim W.

Do you Yahoo!?