Re: PT bm to Shearwall

Will,

The other solution, if it is too difficult and expensive to separate the wall, is to reinforce the PT slab to control the cracking exactly as you would a RC slab. If the slab is reinforced to the same degree as the wall and especially if it is poured very close to the same time negating much of the shrinkage differential, there is no reason why normal reinforcement cannot control the cracking. Simply ignore the fact that the PT is there in that direction because the compression will not be in the slab.

Obviously this depends on the overall floor and restraint layout .