RISAFloor and importing .dxf files

I've been trying out the risafloor demo and have had a few issues while
importing .dxf files.  Mainly my beam layout doesn't seem to translate.  All
the beams are on a specific layer along w/the columns and grid
lines/callouts.  The only objects that seem to make it thru the translation
process are the grid callouts and column blocks.

Anyway, does anybody have a tricks/tips/hints for using the dxf import
method?

Thanks in advance.

M. Jones