Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Concrete slab recommendations for gymnasium wood floor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Concrete slab recommendations for gymnasium wood floor
- From: Jen Wadsworth <JWadsworth(--nospam--at)TricoEngineering.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:09:27 -0400
We used a 5” slab over a standard 6 mil polyethylene vapor barrier over a 6” sand capillary water barrier (it was near the coast in n.c.). The architect called for a 2 7/8” recess in the slab to accommodate a wood athletic flooring system (like hammerhead athletic flooring).
We age doing a building that has a gymnasium which will have a wood floor system. I am looking for any particular recommendations or "watchoutfor's". Some of my concerns are:
1. Vapor Retarder type/location;
2. Flatness/Levelness ;
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
- Prev by Subject: Concrete slab recommendations for gymnasium wood floor
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete Slump
- Previous by thread: Concrete slab recommendations for gymnasium wood floor
- Next by thread: AASHTO No. 57 - "nominal maximum aggregate size"