From: Dave Adams [mailto:davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 9:33 AM
To: SEAINT - Messages
Subject: "American Institute of Engineers"

Colleagues:

Has anyone heard more news on the "American Institute of Engineers" announcement that the title "structural engineer" should be deleted from the American lexicon regarding professional titles?  This is from a briefing of theirs dated March 19th, 2002 ... the reason given is that one cannot receive a degree in structural engineering.  This claim, however, is ABSOLUTELY FALSE:  My degree from the University of California, San Diego is specifically titled "structural engineering" and happens to be one of the BEST programs nationwide.

Curious to see if there are any legs on this idea and what your thoughts are.

Thanks,

Dave K. Adams, S.E.

Lane Engineers, Inc.

979 N. Blackstone Street

Tulare, CA 93274

PH:  (559) 688-5263

FAX: (559) 688-8893

E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com