From: Yi Yang [mailto:YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com]
Sent:
Tuesday, August 03, 2004 5:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mass concrete

I have a concrete pad, approximate 3' to 3'-6" thick, 26' wide, 100' long.  Is this considered a "mass concrete"?  ACI 207 talked about the cooling of mass concrete etc.  Most of the ACI mass concrete reports are related to dam construction.  Is this pad "massive" enough to cause any serious heat problem?

Thanks for any input.

Y i   Y a n g,   P. E.

STRUCTURAL DIVISION

SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.