RE: "American Institute of Engineers" (Scott)

... Must be a conspiracy!

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 5:13 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: "American Institute of Engineers" (Scott)

Dave:

I stand corrected.  It was my understanding that ABET did not have an
accreditation program specifically for structural engineering.  But, you
are correct...UCSD is listed as being an accreditted structural
engineering undergrade degree (a B.S. to be specific).  I will note that
according to the ABET site that is the ONLY school so accreditted...all
others are either in civil or architectural.

It is interesting because if you do a search by discipline, then
structural is not an option.  Further more, the engineering program
accreditation criteria on the ABET website:

http://www.abet.org/images/Criteria/E001%2004-05%20EAC%20Criteria%2011-2
0-03.pdf

does not list structural engineering as an "available" program for
accreditation (i.e. the table of contents listing of program criteria).
This causes me to wonder how UCSD has an accreditted structural
engineering program.  Very interesting...

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI