RE: CMU Site Wall using 2001CBC

I agree with your interpretation. The purpose of hx is to amplify the
response for equipment attached to elevated floors. Your wall is attached at
grade (similar to a piece of equipment attached to a slab at grade), and
therefore hx = 0. This is where the seismic movement is being induced into
the wall. (Of course, the lateral force must still be applied at the
centroid of the mass.)

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO